...We meet to Eat!

Sunday, January 18, 2009

I is for Indonesian – Kuta Stay House.

I chose I for Indonesian! This to me seemed the best option, as I thought it would be close to Thai food which most of us love! Kuta Satay was the best option for true Indonesian food from the 5 options I got from menu Pages & city search. Kuta- named after a famous area in Bali. Kuta- was a very small place. It features dark wood tables and chairs and combines old-world ambiance with a modern and relaxed elegance.

We were a big group of 11 people, which I would think was the first CC with such a huge turnout (I would give that to my popularity ;-)). We had made reservation, so they made sure they had a big communal table set up for us.
As we waited for everyone to arrive, we started to order our drinks. Thanks, to people who had already tried some cocktails like the Pomegranate Kutahito & the Picotini . I knew to stay away from those. I stuck to Sangria which was good. They also have a huge selection of Wines and Asian beers. Not to forget we all Toasted to the Last CC for 2008!!

For the food, we all went with the Pre-fix, which just seemed like a great deal. They gave a choice of Satay, Appetizer, Entree and Dessert for $25 ( Which I would say has a big catch, as for every other dish we ordered had some charge over & above the Pre-fix price). With such a huge group, we almost tried every Satay and Appetizer on the Menu. My personal Favorite was the Jimbaran Spicy Tiger shrimp and the Balinese Tiger Shrimp. I loved all there Satay’s, they were really good!! For the main course, I had the kalasan Chicken, which was good too. I did also get to try the Drunken Noodle and the Balinese Cashew Chicken which I thought were better.

After, a few drinks Alok, was throwing out random or rather I would call them weird questions to every one! I would say, he managed to ask those questions, only because his wife wasn’t around!!! Must say, made the evening very interesting as we got to know what different people would do when their spouse cheated on them.

Kuta Satay overall was a good place and we had a great time that evening.

Ambiance: 7/10
Food: 9/10
Service: 7/10
Price: 8/10

Worth a visit definitely.

5 comments:

Shweyta said...

Hahhahaa, hilarious :) I hope Alok reads this and comments too.
I loved the place, thought it had a very nice intimate scale to it. Loved my satays too.
Good pick Suman :)

"Lady Namu" said...

I gotta hand it to Alok - he did manage to make it one of the most interesting CC events! I hope the next one turns out to have atleast one "weirdo" present who makes the night entertaining:)

Anonymous said...

This is the first time that I am checking your blog. I love good food and hence liked your blog. You forgot to mention where is this Indonesian restaurant located. Please let me know.

Thanks and all the best,

Mr. Bond

Shweyta said...

Hi Mr. Bond,
Here's the website link for the restaurant:
http://www.kutahouse.com/
It's in the LES. Hope you manage to visit and enjoy yourself as much as we did.
Shweyta

Anonymous said...

Thank you Shweyta.

Mr. Bond